View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 09:48 AM
Brian Dalrymple

Default Stunning Ty Cobb owned, Type 1 portrait photo

Super excited to add this amazing piece to my collection. A Cobb owned, one of a kind Type 1 photo. The best part about this, is the history and friendship between Cobb and the Brown family that culminated in one of many gestures of kindness by Cobb; the $100,000 donation that founded the Ty Cobb Memorial Hospital. After Cobbs death, the Ty Cobb Healthcare system would continue to grow, servicing the greater upstate Georgia area.

"Original Type I photograph of Ty Cobb, circa 1910. The formal studio photograph captures a nattily attired Cobb seated in a chair as he gazes directly into the camera. Together with its original photographic folder, which bears the name of the photography studio ("Champlain Studios/Boston New York Philadelphia") printed on the exterior. Accompanied by a one-page typed letter of provenance signed by Barbara Brown Whitney. According to Whitney, her grandfather Stewart Dixon Brown was a childhood friend of Ty Cobb and Cobb later became good friends with her father. Cobb presented the photograph as a gift to her father and she inherited it upon her father's death. The photo (6.75x9") displays a few light creases that do not detract from its overall Excellent appearance. PSA encapsulated as Type I Authentic."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg item_115962_1_351115.jpg (138.0 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg item_115962_2_351116.jpg (139.1 KB, 714 views)
File Type: jpg item_115962_3_351117.jpg (167.4 KB, 703 views)
ANWCOLLECTIBLES on Instagram
"If it's not at least a hundred years old, I probably won't want it."
"Yesterday's price, is not today's price."

The goods --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/196575621@N05/albums