View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 04:15 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Well, I think this thread has officially gone off the rails. Understand all points of view but would suggest we keep away from the politics and focus on leatherheads!

jeff
Jeff, I agree. I indicated my wish for this not to happen in my original post. This is my happy place, let's not muck it up!

So, to take this thread back to its original intent, it looks like the general consensus is that most football card/memorabilia collectors do not take today's NFL much into account as they collect. This is what I suspected, but it has been insightful reading the responses thus far. The history of the game and basic love of collecting it are paramount. For me, it is as simple as loving to reminisce about old players, old uniforms, and the old stadiums in the background of the cards. As I have mentioned in past threads, 60s football satisfies my completionist gene, as those sets are pretty attainable for me. It must have been an exciting era! Someday, I will probably work on some 50s sets. Either way, my feelings toward what happens in today's NFL doesn't effect my football collecting. I guess if anything, it makes me draw closer to the old stuff. Jeff, I am not in the leather helmet era yet, but maybe someday!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk