View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
I have often wondered if people put pieces like this up on eBay as a way of merely showing off their collection. I'm sure the owner would love to move it for his asking price, but it's possible that he fields offers just to see what the market is (no real intention of selling) and enjoys digitally displaying his piece to a wide audience.
I can't say I haven't been guilty of that before. I put items out just to see what offers I would get even though I didn't think I would sell it for what other's thought was a "reasonable" price. It once got me in touch with another collector and, though, I passed on their offer we talked and they were cordial about it. Later when I decided to sell the item I contacted them back and sold it at their offer price even though their offer wasn't better than some others, but it was their attitude and I knew they just wanted it for a collection not to flip. Even when I had done it I didn't leave it out there longer than a month or two. Now I would just rather put it out on Photobucket (though I may start using CardTarget's inventory option).