View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Default eBay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Hey seller, if I've mortally offended you with my opening offer, just deny it. Message sent. Nice doing business with you. I don't need the passive aggressive bs of waiting 2 days and you never bothering to dignify it with a response. No need to be a jerk about it. Particularly when you've gotten 1000s of feedbacks and obviously sell a great deal, to just never bother responding is just a dick move. But maybe that's the whole point. . . . Had ebay bonus bucks last few days I could have used somewhere else and dealt with another seller. PS. Apologies if you are in a hospital bed somewhere with better things to worry about.

I think a lot of sellers just can't negotiate. Or haven't done it for a living. If you are selling something for 1500 and invite offers, guess what, a first offer of 800 is not insulting. It's a start, and presumably the buyer is prepared to go up. That's how the negotiation process works. I'm not offering someone 1400 out of the box if they tell me they are entertaining offers for a 1500 item. If you only want $1500 don't accept offers and run the auction for the next 40 months.

Sometimes you just have to bite your lip and hit the BIN....