View Single Post
Old 08-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default baseball card hall of fame

Posted By: John(z28jd)

I was just talking to myself and i agreed that it would be a good idea to try and start a voting(maybe monthly depending on how well it works out) for choosing the best vintage cards and having our own mock hall of fame on this board.So i would like to hear others ideas on how to go about this... i would need a cutoff date,maybe nothing after 1941 so first id like to hear thought on this...i couldnt do it myself but if this idea does work is there anyone who could post scans of the cards that get "elected" on their own page,even if theres a way we could do it on here.My thinking would be forr the first election,eventho it would be tough to pick,would be 1 card each from "N","E","T",and then 1 from others for a total of 4 each ballot.
If you like this idea and want to send possible nominees to me,email me at darealdrza@aol.com and i could put together a ballot and in a week or so submit the ballot to the board. So dont submit the card choices here,just let me know the cutoff date,and if anyone can post the scans of the winners somewhere,and if the 1 from each of the 4 groups is a good idea.
I actually put alot of thought into this which doesnt happen often,so take advantage of it and i might start doing it more