View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Default You know you have a great wife when ...

Posted By: Bob

What a great thread! My clients in the waiting room can't figure out why I am in my office falling on the floor laughing. Just think of all the creativity which would have gone down the drain if we didn't have to invent those cover-ups, half truths and convuluted stories to cover our card purchases from our wives.

My wife's only reaction to my cards is to laugh and chortle with glee when she sees how goofy some of the players look on the cards (and many DO look goofy, especially in the regional sets like T210s etc.) She knows I try to hold the line on spending and since she is going to outlive me, I have tried to give her a primer on value and some names of fellow collectors who can help her out if she decides to sell the tbob collection, but she is probably going to just split the collection among the 2 kids, one of whom (the 27 year single daughter) vows never to sell it and wants first pick because she is no dummy and wants the Matty signed baseball.

She loves going to Nationals now because she enjoys going to games, shopping, visiting art museums but won't set foot in the Convention Center on a bet. It works well for both of us If I had to slab her she would be a 10 OC.

BTW, on that "exchanging bodily fluids" comment, I guess it depends on whose bodily fluid you are making a withdrawal from. Keira Knightley's fluid is far more valuable than a well cut piece of cardboard any day of the week
(The wife doesn't read this board!)