View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Sorry Steve, not Piedmont backs, but I found a few Polar Bears with a plate scratch. Both fronts are the same player.

So how is the research going on the Piedmont plate scratches?

Jantz
That's cool! I'm interested in any odd marks, especially ones that there are a few copies to show it's a constant mark. I only started with P150 because there are so many of them.

The research has been going slow. I've found a few more, but still not as many as someone else had a while ago. (I forget who at the moment.)

I have seen some interesting ones.
A criger with some of the top of the back doubled. And not by just a little, the very top is shifted by the width of the curl at the upper right.

Goodwin has a Donlin currently that appears to show some efforts to repair the scratch. It looks like they erased the parts in the border and the main area of the back leaving it in the striped frame.

And one I'm still looking at, which looks like the scratch carried over into the 350 series. OR more likely remaining after the plate was resurfaced and reused.

I've also seen a few things that make me believe there were multiple sheet layouts. Especially Cobb, where there are cards that appear to be from the top, with others below. But at least one looks like it was in the bottom row.

I'm switching from IE to Firefox mostly because the ads appear in the history differently. With IE even having doubleclick.net blocked I still have to click the back button 3 times to return to the list from an item. No problem with Firefox, but it's going to take some getting used to.

Steve B