View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaidly View Post
I received my first negative in 17 years from a guy who didn't like my shipping charge for a .99 card. I was clear as day about my shipping cost on the auction. I explained to him in a professional manner that if he doesn't like the shipping cost don't bid on the item and I was reporting him to fleabay. Here was his response:

New message from: jamecarmichae_6 (13)

"LETS FACE IT! YOUR NOTHING BUT A DAMN CROOK. I COULD MAIL THAT CARD TO RUSSIA FOR $2.10. EAT YOUR PRODUCT FROM NOW ON !"

My name is Scott Spaid and I approve this post.

LOL, You could mail that card to Russia for $2.10, but Ebay expects you to upload tracking information otherwise you get a defect on your record.

If you have any kind of cardboard backing to protect the card, with tracking you are looking at anywhere from $10.90 and $12.90, depending on your shipping discounts.

Costs a minimum of $2.60, not including supplies if you are using and kind of tracking and a cardboard backing in the U.S..

That doesn't even take into account that the combination of Ebay/Paypal will also take about 13-14% of that shipping charge and put it into their own coffers.