View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Val Kehl

Default Opening Day - How sad it was (for me)!!

So, my wife and I go to our Wash. Nationals opening game vs. the Mets. The weather was perfect - nicest day we have had thus far this year. But, I ended up heading home depressed, for the following 2 reasons:

(1) Max "Super" might have had a 1 - 0 shutout (he was toying with a no-hitter into the 6th), courtesy of a Harper homer, except that 2 errors by our SS resulted in all 3 of the Mets' runs being unearned, and we lost 3 - 1.

(2) We arrived at the stadium 2.5 hours before game time to soak it all in, bringing the day's edition of the Wash. Post to occupy us between festivities. And there, smack in the middle of the front page I see a major article entitled "Behind the Curve" with the subtitle "In a quickly changing society, baseball is striking out with youths." While there is nothing tremendously new to me in this article, the way it is written, and especially the stats/graphs, really depressed me! Here's the link to it for anyone who cares to read it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...f9d_story.html

Oh well, maybe my Nats will win the remaining 161!!
Val