View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Default New England League (1886-1915), Real Photo Post Cards, etc.

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Greetings everyone,

I'm a collector of New England Baseball League (1886-1915)items. I have had some success in locating memorabilia from this league, including three 1894-1896 Fall River Indians cabinet photos, an 1896 Keith's Official N.E. League guide and Jay Miller gave me some great info on a rare N172 Collins, Lowell card . Other then these, the only other items I have come across have been the T204 Ramlys of Tim Murnane, (N.E.League president) and Jesse Burkett (Worcester club owner) and a few early RPPC's on Ebay. One appeared to be a pre-1900 Fall River team example, unfortunately I was outbid on it and Ihaven't come across any others like it.

I just had a few questions for everyone on the forum.

First, does anyone know of the extent of N E. League memorabilia, is there just these few items or are there other things to be found? such as programs, tickets, etc. Are they scarce or are they relatively common? I'm especially interested in early RPPC's of N.E. League teams as they seem more plentiful then other items and less expense overall then some other items like cabinets, etc.

Second, is there anyone in the hobby who is an authority on the N. E. League who might be able to help with info on the League and it's artifacts.

Lastly, Where is the best place or the best person to go to for early RPPC's, other than ebay.

Although, I have found some scant useful info on the web and from other sources on the N.E. League. I have been unable to find any info on N.E. League memorabilia. Any advice would be most helpful, as I've kind of hit a brick wall

Thanks all,
Adam