View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE- When an MLB Authentic Item... Isn't?

Below is the email exchange that I had with MLB authentic. Their customer service is a joke!!! Short story is that I purchased a group of 2004 White Sox Locker Room nameplates that all have MLB Authentic stickers on the back. I went to the MLB site and the items couldn't be found. Read from the bottom up...my first email is asking if there is a way to see the items in their database. Read up and see the ignorant responses provide by customer service. Why would MLB authentic remove items from their database. It makes no sense. My advise it that in the future you should check MLB Authentic first to see if an item exist before you make a purchase. Jeff

Subject

MLB Authentic Stickers Not Found

Response By Email (Rachel) (03/13/2018 10:11 AM)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com.

No.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com . We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Sincerely,
Rachel
Fan Advocate
Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com

Customer By CSS Email (Jeff G) (03/13/2018 08:16 AM)

Please share this response with your Supervisor......

I am 54 years old and this might be the WORST customer service experience that I have ever had. Either you are all incompetent or you are instructed to be evasive on purpose.

Why have you not been able to answer a simple question?

SO to make this easier for you, I am going to ask a simple YES or NO question. All you have to do is reply Yes or No and you will not hear from me again. Here is the question:

Can an item with your MLB authentic sticker from 2004 be found in your current database? A simple YES or NO?

I am a member of a number of online sports memorabilia chat boards as well as Facebook and will be sharing this thread to show how MLB authentic either has terrible customer service OR doesn't want to answer a simple question because you don't stand behind your own authentication program.

Thank you for wasting my time.

Jeff G.

Response By Email (Louise) (03/13/2018 07:28 AM)

Hello Jeff,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As previously advised the item is not purchased from the online store therefore we are unable to assist you further in regards to this.

We advise you contact the supplier from where the item was originally purchased.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com .

Sincerely,

Louise
Fan Advocate

Customer By CSS Email (Jeff G.) (03/12/2018 12:46 PM)

I don't want you to authenticate it....it has already been authenticated by you! I want to know why it does not appear in your database?

Thank you.

Jeff G.

Response By Email (Rosie) (03/12/2018 11:43 AM)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com . Your business is very important to us.

Unfortunately as this was not purchased directly through MLBshop.com we are unable to authentic your purchase, please contacted the venue you purchased the item from as they should be able to assist you further.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com . We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Sincerely,

Rosie
Fan Advocate

Customer By CSS Email (Jeff G) (03/12/2018 10:31 AM)

Thank you for your response. I don't understand what the relevance is if I purchased them from the MLBshop directly or not? I purchased them at a Memorabilia show because they had the stickers on them. Isn't that what the purpose of the program is....to allow future purchasers to feel comfortable that an item is authentic?

Jeff G.

Response By Email (Rosie) (03/12/2018 08:19 AM)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Fan Services and Support at www.mlbshop.com . Your business is very important to us.

Please could you confirm if you have purchased the 2004 Chicago White Sox Opening Day Nameplates from MLBshop.com and if you have we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Rosie
Fan Advocate

Customer By CSS Email (Jeff G.) (03/09/2018 07:31 PM)

Jeff G.

Email Address:
jeff*****@gmail.com
IP Address:

Subject:
MLB Authentic Stickers Not Found

I have a group of 2004 Chicago White Sox Opening Day Nameplates that all have MLB Authentic stickers. However none of the serial numbers are found in your database. The numbers all start with MT and they are: 00234665, 00234663, 00234662, 00234654, 00234655, 00234652, 00234660, 00234653 and 00234664. Can you please identify these for me and tell me why they are not in your database? Thank you.

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 03-14-2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Removing My Personal Information