View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 PM

First off, the centering on that card is incredible. I think that played a big role in the price you paid. Looking back through some of past auctions on PSA's new site, centered examples routinely sell in the high $700's for PSA 4 cards, so I don't think you overpaid too much.

I am not sure a return would be worth the hassle at this point, but I wouldn't blame you for trying. Goodwin has long been known to have scans with fairly high contrast. My guess is they do this so the print catalog "pops" and it obviously does not hurt results.

One option would be to hold onto it for awhile and then consign it to PWCC or another larger eBay seller. You will not lose much, if anything, and you could chalk it up to a lesson learned. You could also list it on the BST for the price you paid. It is not easy to find that card so perfectly centered, so that's a plus.

Good luck and don't let it take too much wind out of your collecting sails -- I know it sucks when a hobby that's supposed to be fun ends up being frustrating instead.

Last edited by CW; 04-10-2018 at 09:05 PM.