View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I've often contemplated the same about identical screened images that vary in size. How did 1960s technology handle that?

Kyle?
I dunno. I wasn't born 'til the 1980s

Nah, I think the sizing was all done in the darkroom when the pen + ink drawing of the original artwork was translated from paper to transparency. I'm a little confused as to how the old timers did this, but I think they took a photograph of the drawing; created a negative thereof; then developed the image into a positive on transparent paper that was whatever size they desired?

When I make a pennant, I usually draw my artwork on paper; scan it; then print the scan directly on to transparent paper specially designed for an ink jet printer. I'll then place that printed transparency atop my emulsion coated screen, expose it to UV light, then wash it out. If all goes right, I'm left with a stencil capable of reproducing the crisp details of my intended design.