View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Default Beckett selling on ebay their graded cards, any issue?

Posted By: Anonymous

Bobby, I was curious to know if the Major problem with VCP sales data concerning BGS/BVG cards has been fixed?

I know you can't stand Beckett all that much since you're always bagging on them so there's little incentive for you to look into this but thought I would ask.

I brought it up on another forum but you never responded so maybe you can shed a little light on the subject here?

The problem is anytime a seller lists a card graded by Beckett and puts the subgrades in the title, the first subgrade listed ends up being the overall grade in which VCP records the data.

For instance lets take this auction title (a real auction by the way) "James Worthy 1986 fleer BGS 9.5-9-9-9" which is a overall grade of 9 mint, VCP has the sale of this card as a 9.5 gem mint leaving average sales prices very skewed under half the price this card actually brings in auction.

I would expect the services VCP provides to be accurate but just the other day I counted dozens upon dozens of faulty records concerning BGS sales due to this problem. Is there anyone who verifies data before putting it on the site?

Just curious as this seems to be a major problem imo.