View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Why would you just completely gloss over the pricing issue in your piece??

"You also have to ensure you partner with outlets that have good reputations for prompt shipping. Like other large dealers of vintage cards, Dean’s sometimes gets criticized for their pricing structure, but I’ve never heard a valid complaint about shipping issues."

Saying Dean's 'sometimes' gets criticized for their pricing has to be among the biggest understatements the world has ever heard. Their pricing is so over the top, laugh out loud ridiculous that it immediately chases countless people away from ever buying a single card from that sham of a business. Just the number of threads about them here on Net54 alone shows that they are so beyond the pale with their dumb pricing, that they are never going to take root and become a legitimate, trusted company. They're a joke.

I know as a writer you obviously can't go on the attack about their pricing, but to simply glide past it and virtually ignore this huge issue even exists with them is a complete disservice to your readers. The first--and probably only--thing anyone ever says about Dean's is that their pricing is outrageous times a billion!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a Dean's Cards thread on the main board in which the OP mentioned he would find cards of interest to him that he felt comfortable buying at those levels

In addition, on the COMC blog when this issue came up, at least one COMC Dealer mentioned he bought some cards he felt were underpriced at Dean's Cards.

I'm perfectly fine saying what I said about the pricing. People used to complain about Burbank and now in many cases they are cheaper then the average.

If Dean's prices are too high, they will eventually lower the prices or be out of business. But I'm perfectly comfortable with what I wrote on that subject

Rich