View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:29 AM

I have bought cards from Dean's on occassion. I agree there are occassionally reasonably priced cards.

But when I started this thread, my point was ... if I wanted to buy from Dean's I can go to his webiste (I bought most of my items from him in that fashion) or I could go to Ebay.

COMC does not win by competing with Ebay. It wins by offering what Ebay does not. It's principal advantage is better scans. But Deans uses the same scans on their own site and Ebay .... so COMC gets nothing from bringing Dean's in. And by bringing in Dean's, they bring in someone with higher than average priced inventory, and huge amounts of inventory. Both of which reduce the incentive for other folks on COMC to reduce their prices. And the prices on COMC have been the reason that they have told us (via them hiring someone to encourage sellers to lower prices) that their business model is not working as well as hoped.

So instead of Dean's, COMC should be going after someone like Tripleplay (who on Ebay shows a front photo of 4 cards - for a lot of 120 1952 Topps cards they are selling). That's what helps the COMC model. Not Dean's.

Just my opinion.
Patrick