View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Same, but with Encarnacion out now, (imo) they will be in tough, unless their depth is deeper than I am aware of?

Edwin was the main reason I was, and am still, rooting for the Indians so I hope they can still get it done without him.
Our depth is deeper than you're aware of. The Indians are the deepest team in baseball, and it's a shame we can't carry 30-35.

First of all, EE is reportedly day-to-day. Finish off the Yankees today, and you can just let him heal. Second of all, his replacement is All-Star Michael Brantley at DH. You pick your poison there. You lose a power bat, but you add a .300+ bat. Think about this. The Indians lineup with EE is Lindor, Kipnis, JRam, EE, Bruce, Slamtana, LF/Gomes/Perez, Gomes/Perez/LF, Urshella. Now you plug and play Brantley in there. Regardless, you still have to get through 6 hitters before you face a lesser bat, and even Austin Jackson is batting around .300 and has hit in that 7 hole, so that would mean 7 formidable hitters before a lesser bat. Plus, Gomes hit the game winner on Friday.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame