View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Ken McMillan

The coolest home run I was ever involved in or saw was at Cubs Fantasy camp. The team I was playing on was in the championship game to see who won the trophy for the camp. It was a sudden death situation so first team to score won the title. We put the other team down 3 up 3 down in the first inning. Our team came up to bat and our shortstop "Rico" lead off our side. First pitch came down to center of the plate and he just watched it go by. Second pitch came by and he lined it over the left field fence to win the game and clinch the title.

I was the catcher for this game and i had been talking some crap to batters earlier in the week to distract the other batters. A friend of mine who came up to bat for the other team in this game came up and said "don't say anything". I said " I wasn't planning on saying anything". He actually hit the ball into the ground for an easy out at First. Guess I beat him mentally. LOL