View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:43 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I think it would be overkill because who wants to see a slab inside a frame on a card like this? It's not like this is a Registry card which would be enhanced value-wise if it was slabbed. And when David sells it to me I'm certain that the price he gets will be the same regardless of if it's slabbed.
I suppose I draw the slab/no slab line, however nebulous it is, at baseball cards that were issued as premiums or in conjunction with products such as N173s or T3s, and not to include "artistic" products such as studio cabinets. I felt that the aesthetics of Falk's photo would be compromised by a slab and a grade. In other words, it's just too damn nice.
I'm probably a little closer to meeting the Great Authenticator in the Sky than some of you youngsters so I've had to get my act together as to how to dispose of East Honolulu's Finest Known Vintage Collection. Prizner gets the McGraw Roto, Lichtman gets first dibs on the LC CJ Matty, and Mad Max gets the Saskatchewan FB pennant, but as far as the Falk Matty, sorry, Jeff, I gave it to Chicago as a going away present.