Thread: Chains
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Once again I don't have a big problem with chains and my sarcasm is difficult to differentiate from my feelings in these posts.

The dichotomy in accuracy that exists in today's game between frame by frame slow motion booth reviews to determine whether the plane is broken before the knee is down and hauling out two sticks linked by a chain to determine first downs seems incongruous, I repeat incongruous.

The statistical significance of never ending decimals in mathematics lacks relevance if you are using a chain to measure it. It really is just as accurate to say that Eddie Lacy gained 4.7 yards on a given play as it is to say he gained 4.68524583 yards. And to say that he gained 5 yards is fine with me.
Using both a micrometer and a yardstick for measuring in the same arena is also incongruous.

Officiating on the field has become the starting point for determining outcomes on close calls and is no longer the final word. Extrapolating forward with the current trend we might see a day in the future where a football game takes 12 hours to complete.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.