Thread: SGC mistake :-(
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
If a grading company can't tell if a card is trimmed or not, that is very concerning. What are you paying them for?
I do believe Your statement is correct!

So I'd Like ta look abit inta this issue with this particular Card of Mr Cobb.
I'm fairly familiar wit E90-1's, I've seen my share & have been bringing them to my home fir quite sum time now!

Well, first off I noticed the High Top Left & Low Bottom Left White Borders of Mr. Cobbs Card Being The Same Height. This is just a check that my mind has become accustomed ta makin! Doesn't mean the Card is "Trimmed", Howevar this is a Very Good Tell Tale Only because this particular Cut isn't as Common among the E90-1 Set But Certainly Not the Whole Truth to the Cards Health.

Usually if the Top Left width has more White Border the Lower Left has less, and it's of Course the Same fir the Right side of the Card Top to Bottom.

I had many conversations about this same issue wit this Set. Just Because a Card has been Factory Cut Odd, Perfect or just down right Freakish, Doesn't necessarily mean it's JUST "Authentic"... If You Can't get inta the the Holder is another Reason Some Cards Lose Value! No Grade, No Holder Leaves the Customer weary wit of possible foul play.

I understand where the OP is Coming from! I've a few Stories that have Only made me be more Diligent wit my Prewar Education...
"At Sum Point, GettiN Spank'd is Part of Any Real Education"

So Congratulations!!!
You've Punch'd a Very Real Ticket in Your PreWar Education...
I'll wager this Doesn't Evar Happen Again iN the OP's World!!!
(This is All Tongue in Cheek Kinda Stuff ~ Please Don't Evar Take What I Have ta Say wit Any Kind of Intellect ~ I Love bein a Mullagan : )

Here's a few Cards that will show a bit of what I mention'd!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3_Trimmed_E90-1s.jpg (77.6 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg E90-1 Walsh_F.jpg (66.8 KB, 399 views)