View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 07:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Forum Member Dilemma

I get put into the role of decision maker on things concerning members as it goes with the territory. Some decisions are easily made and others not so much.
I am in discussions with a member wanting to come back, after a recent banishment, and I am not sure about it so I will pose the question to the forum.
Long story short, I got a PM from a very long time member, and someone I know, concerning a deal that went bad on the BST. This member sold another member a card and when the buyer got it he said the case was cracked and wanted a return. The very good member said no problem. But when he got the card back it is clearly just a piece of tape on the holder. One second of rubbing it would tell you the case isn't cracked.
As I was looking at the registration of the buyer I noted he gave a false name on his registration. That is a huge red flag for me and generally a 0 tolerance issue and banishment. But this member has been here well over a year, maybe 2, with over 500 posts.
He said he just made a mistake on the registration.

In my mind these are 2 pretty big lies.
I will take this poll into consideration but won't rely on it completely. Did I mention how much I dislike lying on a registration?

* I should mention the buyer had put his user id down twice..instead of his real name....and said it was an accident ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cracked.jpg (66.9 KB, 1179 views)

Last edited by Leon; 03-02-2022 at 08:01 AM.