View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 11:57 AM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Interesting reading all the replies. I don't think there's any wrong or right in this situation. Just personal preferences is all. Me, personally, I would go for it. As someone mentioned, everyone who has bought that card and sat on it for at least 10 years has always done well and come out on top. That part isn't even up for a debate. Just know that the excitement of owning one will eventually wear off just like any other big purchase (like a new vehicle for example). If you are the type that who gets bored easily and would perhaps sell it in a year or two, then I would not purchase one but would rather have a variety of cards in my collection.

The main issues I see about doing something like that are:

1 - You have to make sure you'll get/win the card you are wanting. To sell off about 80% of your collection and then not get the card you wanted would straight up suck.

2 - A card that big usually continues climbing in price as time goes on. By the time you sell off everything, that card in the grade of a 1.5 may not even be in your price point anymore and so you now would either have to settle for a 1 or even an "authentic". Would you be willing to accept that.