View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Joe F.ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
And it would not have been buried in an ugly plastic tomb!
Hey, don't shame my collectibles - to each his own

All kidding aside, I didn't use PSA's service to determine authenticity but rather for resale. The Eleanor Roosevelt was from a Waterman's album and went unsold multiple times for $49.99. I paid $15 to have it slabbed and it sold within a week for $119.99. Some people just like the holder or trust the holder.

For myself, I do personally like postwar cards in PSA holders as I think they look really nice. For index cards and cuts, I don't mind them but I personally prefer to have them raw unless it is something I am going to sell later.

For example, I included some pictures below of what I did with an autograph that was previously in a PSA slab (I busted it out).

I will say that PSA does offer a choice for how you want an item authenticated - encapsulated, stickered, or separate LOA. So, if you wanted an item to be raw and unsticked/slabbed, you can opt into the LOA. This is absolutely what I do for items that are valuable and too large to slab. I typically don't mind the slab as I can always break the item out - snap one corner off with pliers and pop a screwdriver under and push up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frost1.jpg (76.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5675.jpg (67.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by 1treasuretrove; 01-06-2018 at 08:05 PM.