View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinte1941 View Post
We'll agree to disagree Lance. The dude is not being selfish in the least. Protective, paranoid, concerned maybe, but not selfish. He might even be smart in this instance. I'm not trying to argue semantics here, but Brandon asked for a favor, he was denied, so he branded the guy selfish. Sorry, I'm not buying your rationalization on this one. And it absolutely describes the person! He's the one making the decision not to give Brandon the information!

EDIT: And I will be buying this book, regardless of my comments here or the outcome of this thing.
Jake- there is a difference between acting mean and being mean. Just as there is a difference between being a selfish person and acting selfishly. One describes an act and one describes a person. The two can intertwine but not necessarily. I am in the camp of the person with the ball is acting in a selfish manner. (understanding all of the other issues surrounding it.) I do the same things on the card side of the hobby. I might not let every single piece of information about a fake card out of the bag but I will bend over backwards to help. This person is in no way shape or form obligated to help but it would be nice if he did. (while still protecting himself)