View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Mi.ke Fost.er

Default So I mentioned another Gehrig ball earlier....

In one of my posts yesterday, I said these guys at JDE offered me a Gehrig ball back in December, which I didn't pull the trigger on. Went back-and-forth and frankly the whole thing fell apart when they couldn't produce the PSA/DNA cert they had advertised accompanied the ball. I was told I was being difficult, the name JDE was never a problem before, PSA/DNA virtually always certifies autos for which they've provided a quickie cert, blah, blah, blah...

Well, after further research this time when they came calling for the Ruth ball, as well as what I've learned here from you all in just a short period of time, I'm so glad I did not purchase that ball either. They actually fried their own goose with me a little more, before I had even posted here, because in the conversation around the Ruth ball, I had learned they had sold the Gehrig ball. My last conversation with them ended with JDE agreeing to send the ball to PSA/DNA for full certification, eating the cost and me agreeing to buy the ball if the cert came back clean and I still wanted it. I bet I still have the voicemail from them on my cell. When I said something to them about this, they said another buyer had come along willing to pay full price and not needing any add'l assurances the ball was real. Price this other guy paid was presumably just under $5k - unless they just took what they could get from CCA.

Here is a picture of the ball. I can only imagine the thoughts going through some of your heads as I write this....admittedly, at the time, I thought the sig looked fake when I first looked at it, but was willing to believe it was real if a reputable cert was provided....I know better now. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gehrig JDE ball Dec 2014.jpg (28.6 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by VAYankee; 02-01-2015 at 10:10 PM.