View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Last year, there were 42 dog-bite related deaths in the US. 27 of those (64%) were by pit bulls. Going back over the last 10 years, that number decreases slightly to 62%. How does one breed account for so many deaths?

So speaking of ignorance, go ahead and tell us what good dogs pit bulls are and how wonderful they are with kids., blah, blah, blah. There is a reason that pit bulls are banned as pets from most apartment complexes. There is a reason most dog rescues/shelters euthanize pit bulls. There is a reason that the majority of law enforcement uses pit bulls over any other breed.

Or just save your ignorant rhetoric before you look more stupid!!!

Edited to add: Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but account for 68% of dog attacks.
Phil was wrong this post is much stupider than the one he quoted because this one also has some made up statistics.

My personal opinion is that it is 100% the dog owners fault and not the dogs no matter what breed it is. Pit Bulls get the bad name because they can be an aggressive breed when owned by people who should not own them.

We have a 2yo American Staffordshire Terrier(supposed to be the worst breed of pit bull). We adopted him a little over a year ago from the same shelter we got our last 2 dogs a St. Bernard and a Rottweiler.

Here is a picture of my Pit Bull from thanksgiving. The Wife and I love him dearly but if he was to ever bite anybody even once he would be dead before the sun set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3944.jpg (66.8 KB, 141 views)