View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post

My pit-mix came from a high-kill shelter in Georgia where every dog in that shelter was labeled a "Pit Bull" on their information sheet. It was just easier for the over-worked employees to label every mixed breed dog a pit bull.

I said that David's response was ignorant because it's obvious that he doesn't have any experience at all with "Pit Bulls". Educated yourself before you make such a blanket statement. I have owned my dog for almost three years and I also volunteer on weekends at a shelter dedicated to finding homes for pit bulls. I would include myself in the "ignorant" category too before my experience with these wonderful dogs. But I have learned so much about these dogs.

So according to Dave, he would want me and Ben to euthanize our pets because "they should all be euthanized"......how ignorant.

Same story here. My wife and I volunteer at a no kill shelter, and a majority of the dogs they pick up are pit mixes of some sort, because those are the ones that get abandoned the most. We also foster dogs to help them find homes, since some get more stressed in a shelter environment then others.

We have 4 in our house right now. 2 ours and 2 from the shelter. Pitties being a very broad stroke breed, they are all different from each other, in both appearance and temperament.

Some pits can be a challenge to work with and other are an absolute breeze. They can be as vastly different from one another as people.

I'd like to think we're not nutcases, but that's for other people to figure out on their own.