View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

here is psa certing a ruth ball, then since it is sealed in the ballcube by psa, jsa SEEMS to cert it through the glass, the picture shows it still in the psa ballcube.

IF jsa didnt open the cube to inspect a BABE RUTH ball, what kind of inspection could this ball have gotten from jsa if they are looking at it through a ballcube?

It's a grade 7 ball and jsa cant take it out of the cube? Please JSA come on here and please show us you took the ball out of the cube to authenticate it yourself without foreign material in the way of you and the autograph. All I can go by is the picture they provided, and it looks like it was certed in the ballcube to me.

I don't care who sealed it in a ballcube, if it came to me, i am busting it out of there, breaking the seal, and giving it a proper inspection before my name would go on a cert. If the customer wanted to then get it resealed by psa, more power to him, but you have to look at it up close and unencumbered with NO plexiglass in the way. It's a purported high quality Babe Ruth signed baseball for heaven's sake.

Also, one of the first things JSA says they do on these single signed balls is to check for erasures and make sure it wasn't a multi-signed ball with some signatures erased to mask that fact. They even have a fancy machine to check for these things.

How can they seemingly check for erasures or other signatures on the ball, (with the ball still in the cube) when not all of the ball is even visible to the observer? You can't trust someone elses work when the person is bringing the ball to YOU and giving money to YOU for your inspection.

I am not saying the ball was certed in the cube 100%, I wasn't there, but it sure looks like that. If it was, what kind of meticulous attention did it get versus what it deserved?

Please come and show us the ball was taken out of the cube so our fears can be assuaged and this mystery can be solved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg psaloa.jpg (73.5 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg spenceloa.jpg (73.7 KB, 651 views)

Last edited by travrosty; 12-03-2011 at 11:19 AM.