View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 09:24 AM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Default Just for clarification

This is what I responded with reference to this item:

"I am concerned that maybe JSA made a mistake in their authenticating this Wright piece. This is a telegram not a letter. Wright would have not written this message by hand – The telegraph company operator would have. I am no autograph expert – just a common sense person – and this is my common sense understanding, which I think is supported by comparing to other Harry Wright handwriting samples (again, I am not an authentication expert but I did compare with one letter and had to say wait a minute – something’s wrong here). I will do a little more research and report back. If I am uncomfortable with the piece from a common sense layman’s point of view (which at this point seems likely) even if Spence likes it we would not want to auction this. If I find Harry Wright writing samples that I think are similar, then of course we would want to run it, and I would have to say that my understanding of how the telegram company operated must be very incorrect. I am not a telegram expert and have done no formal research on the subject, I just thought I understood how the process worked. (Hopefully I do not!) Hopefully this all makes sense and I am available to discuss at any time.

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

Robert Edward Auctions LLC"