View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
You have some really nice stuff in you store!

Why don't you get some cards graded and autographs certed by CAS instead of PSA and SCG, he's the best that CAS, I hear.
Mike certifies everything in our auctions that isn't certified when we receive it. He has also come to our auction and spoken to our customers. Is he infallible? I'm sure he's not. I don't believe I said he was. What I DID say is he is the most honest guy I have dealt with in the autograph side of our hobby.

If you look at the autograph boards he is well-respected. I can tell you we recently had a LARGE autograph collection that was entirely uncertified and we put hundreds of pieces through Mike's hands. He failed numerous items of course, but what amazed me is that none of the items he failed were items that the consignor had gotten in person. He didn't have access to that information when he authenticated.

If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?

Again if you have a specific complaint that's a completely different story, but how would you like it if someone with whom you have never done business starting posting shit about how you do your job where people who might do business with you would likely find it when trying to make a decision?

Oh, and there are NO autographs in my store, and there probably never will be. If not for my auction business I probably never would've gotten involved with them. But since it was a necessity, I looked into things and then made a decision which company to do business with.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 12-21-2018 at 09:57 PM.