View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 11:02 AM
D.mitr.y D.

At the very least, I can see the BSF cards maintaining their current levels, which are abysmally lower than what they initially sold for - especially the HOFers. Some of them have sold for as little as 20% of their initial sale price in the past year or so.

The trend upward may take another decade or more to begin and will be extremely gradual. At a much slower rate than the popular T cards.

If it's determined that these were all fakes, then of course they will become worthless, but otherwise, they are incredibly beautiful for their age, regardless of no branding.

The off centered ones will always be much cheaper, but that's a trend across the entire hobby.

Highest graded big names in any release will always "price many collectors out of the running".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
i'll agree to disagree with you on this one. you can't compare desirability of e98 to t206.

factors that will keep e98 bs find cards down are as follows:

-there will always be those skeptical of this find's legitimacy.

-the fact e98 is not associated with any "brand"

-the highest graded big names will always price many collectors out of the running

i see trend mirroring the rest of the hobby...common bsf cards will continue to be priced low...exp off centered ones.

the cobbs/wagners will maintain much of their value but less than initially sold for in some cases.

I do agree that colors/players not in the find will maintain/appreciate somewhat more than those present.