View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 06:16 AM

Default Heritage T206 Auction - WOW

I cannot get over the prices last night. Yes, it was a truly amazing offering filled with incredible cards, and maybe it was people getting their last licks in before state taxes start applying to Heritage purchases, but I am amazed at the prices achieved in last night’s auction.

I came into the night wanting to own the PSA 8, Tris Speaker. I was willing to pay in the low $30k for it, with the last one having traded in 2015 for $24k; I figured I would “be aggressive” and pay 30%(ish) over the last sale. It closed at $66k with Buyers Premium. Almost 3x the last (and highest) published sale.

So I then I decide I will take down portraits of Tinker, Evers, and Chance, and I would pay around $15k for each, which is a very very healthy price for the cards. I eventually bowed out of Evers (I pity the sucker who paid $18k for that overgraded OC example) and the Red Chance (very pretty) after they exceeded $16.5k - they both sold for $18k. My lone purchase of the night was this Tinker Portrait, which I think was a relative steal given prices.

I know numerous people who were bidding and very motivated, most of whom walked little or nothing because of the prices.

What are your thoughts on the auction prices, the state of the market, and show us your Heritage pick ups (and tell us what bank you robbed to buy it/them).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tinker Portrait - Front.jpg (44.7 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpg Tinker Portrait - Back.jpg (44.0 KB, 755 views)

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 09-21-2018 at 06:37 AM.