View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I agree. I am pretty fed up with these marginal HOFers charging a mint to sign HOF postcards. Although, it should be noted that both Gary Carter and Roberto Alomar had the same rep, Mead Chasky. So I would suspect that he is the one who decided to upcharge for plaque postcards. Outside of those two players, I can't think of anyone else that charge extra high prices for HOF postcards. I actually ordered an extra Carter for my collection from his website about a week before his initial announcement of his cancer, but I never got it or heard back from them.

Harvey has an exclusive deal with the Bob Feller Museum, and it sounds like the Museum took a bath on that deal. They have been dumping them onto the market over the past few years. Not sure why they thought he would be a hot commodity. Other than die-hard collectors, why would the average baseball fan want a Doug Harvey signed plaque postcard?! He will sign anything for free thru the mail except the plaque postcards.

Blyleven has a weird pricing structure, but not sure he really charges extra for the postcards. He just puts them into the category of 'everything else', which is $40 on his website.

This year might be the last I keep up with the game, as I am sure Piazza and the ones who follow after him are going to be $100 plus.