View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

John,
Please do get those threads started.

HOPEFULLY, and say this with caution because you know how EBAY is, HOPEFULLY, I am actually getting all of the 1968 set, minus 16 cards (but I do already have 4 of the missing, so all i will need is 12 cards) from a guy I sold a couple 72 High's, to, for $200. Seems like a REALLY REALLY cool guy that collects for the same reason as you and I do, for the hobby and not the money.

So if you get that 68 thread started, we can each track both our progress.
If the deal does go thru, I will only need, Starr, 355 Checklist, Sayers, Roy Jefferson, Butkus, Kemp, Lilly, Gary Cuozzo, Greise, Buchanan, Jordan & then whichever #219 checklist I don't get, blue or green. When I put sets together, I also like to get both versions of the multiple versions. I blame the 1979 Bump Wills - Blue Jays/Rangers cards for this because that is the year I started collecting and fell in love with "error" cards then and there.

So by you putting a thread out here, maybe we can work with each other as well.

On the 64's. John as you know, I am relatively new to getting back into the hobby after my son got me back into it. So I was researching all the Football sets since I stopped at 69 and am now putting the 59 set together, I thought I would see how difficult it would be to work my way to filling in the gap. I discovered, as you two were talking, the 64, 65, 66, & 67 sets only have AFL cards. I was unaware of that. I also thought they would be too expensive to complete, but after seeing that other then Namath, those sets are relatively inexpensive to complete. So I think I might give it a try other then the 65 which I could NEVER afford with the Namath, My FSU NOLE Fred, and the checklist, I just think that would be too much. But the others, heck yea!!

So yes John, start a thread if you would, so we can track each other progress. Maybe I will do the same over on SGC.