View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
Thanks Larry - yeah they still don't fit that well. Since I often see them flattened out, I was wondering what collectors thought about keeping the striker folded back.

Thanks Jeff - I found some six pocket BCW folders on Amazon and they look about right. I know you're not big into matchbook collecting, do you or anyone have an image of how they look in the 6 pocket binders? The matchbooks seem to come up raw more often than graded and I wouldn't think fakes are a huge issue, so I am leaning towards picking up a few raw - not really going after the set, but more thinking of companion pieces for players who weren't included in the Chicle set since I like the 30s.

Phil, I took a quick look at John Spano's GG article from several years back and it does mention: "1933 Diamond Cal Hubbard - Only member of both Baseball and Football HOF, $800-$1000 not quite as rare as ’33 Herber......". I vaguely recall someone posted an image of one recently - I wouldn't be surprised if the price has gone up....
I have some raw matchbooks and they are in 6 pocket binders and fit really well. I'll try to take a picture for you tonight.

There was a 1933 Cal Hubbard Diamond Matchbook that came up on ebay in a lot that closed last week. Anybody snag it? If so, they got a decent price even though it was pretty beat up.

jeff