View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
I was hoping to get some information from some of the collectors on this site as to the details of the process at COMC. I've searched COMC in the data base here and read through several of the threads on Blowout (some are 200+ pages long!). So my questions are several.

First, I think the costs are pretty transparent.
.30¢ to COMC for processing
.25¢ that COMC adds on top of each card
x to calculate in for shipping to COMC
My question regarding fees incurred is should I anticipate Paypal fees of 2.9% and .03¢ on the dollar added to every sale? Not a problem if someone buys $10 worth of cards. Problem if they buy 1 card listed at .75¢. Was hoping someone would share their thoughts without giving away any tricks they've learned the hard way.

Second, I see common cards listed there at prices substantially higher than I would plan to ask. If I go in and price under the lowest cost listed am I being a jerk? Are there methods large sellers can employ to "bury" me if I do so? Frankly I'm astounded by some of the prices I see being asked.

I know there are plenty of things that I'm only going to learn through the school of hard knocks but I'd appreciate any thoughts folks on here would care to share.
There are no added PayPal fees for the seller. On COMC you have to have $ in your COMC account to purchase items. I believe they do have a fee to cash out though.

Please put normal prices on your cards. COMC is becoming a museum. That could be because you can make offers on cards and sellers are pricing high because of that. Not sure because I am just a buyer there.

John will hopefully post and give you better answers on the selling side.