Thread: A Good Day?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Mikeknapp

The seller reported that he purchased them a number of years ago. They were all inside an old rolladex. They remained there until I purchased them. I was the first buyer to go through them. The autos ran the gamut baseball, basketball, hockey, racing, and entertainment. There were no astronauts or musicians. The only track athlete was marathoner Bill Rogers. A few were dated and personalized to Mike and Todd Dupey. The earliest date was 1978 the latest was 1983. There were many Sonics from the championship year. They all looked good when I compared them to other examples on-line. How they were obtained is beyond me. The only clue to their origin was on a Charles Starret I purchased for my father. He collects B western memorabilia. On that card Starret wrote a note that seemed to indicate he knew the collector. He mentioned their travels on the Hollywood trail. Perhaps the original collectors were in a business that gave them access to celebrities? Of course that is pure speculation based on the format of the autographs. They could have been received through the mail as well.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)