View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Jeff P0tter

Default Two Mystery Autographs from 1935 and 1940 (likely Music related). Help Needed

I have been staring at these two autographs from a large collection I
purchased, for almost six months now. I love a good mystery but these two have been stretching on in my unknown pile for too long now. A majority of the several hundred autographs in the collection were music or radio related, some movie, and some fine arts, so likely it is from one of those areas. The envelope is dated from 1935, somewhere in Europe (maybe a stamp collector will recognize which country). I am not even positive it's an autograph in the lower left, but it looks like one. For all I know, it could read "air-mail" or something like that. It was kept with the autographs though so I am leaning towards it being a signature.
The second autograph (small blue paper) is from 1940, and was kept near some big band autographs. My first blush was Tommy Dorsey but it's not. There were a lot of local music figures in the collection so it may be a relatively unknown, the collector lived in Kentucky. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (75.9 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (80.4 KB, 231 views)