View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I’ve never really understood the “cloth vs. felt” thing either. I personally prefer the true felt because it has a richer look. But the two styles had a huge decade-long overlap, so perhaps it just came down to which material was cheaper to buy in bulk at the time.

I think we sometimes over-analyze this stuff. But I guess that’s part of the fun in collecting.

That said... I hate all of the loose threads that stick out along the borders of the cloth style pennants. Does anyone else trim these off? Hope it’s not considered an alteration, as I’ve been know to trim off a thread or two. And I know I could get them past PSA (if they slabbed pennants, that is!)
See I absolutely LOVE the cloth pennants provided that they are not faded. They just have a great feel to them. And yes I clip off the loose threads. And if you think we over-analyze ... pull up the “Show Me Your Print Variations” thread on post-war baseball card forum. I don’t collect cards but I like reading it. Incredible what they discover ...