View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Wow. OK. i'm not sure that what school you went to makes a significant difference in this discussion. There are lawyers who went to one of the prestige schools whose ass I kick regularly. Others, not so much. It isn't about the school, its about the person. Particularly after you graduate and most people don't care where you went. I am having that very discussion with my youngest child right now.

I do not disagree that the TPGers have a significant degree of culpability in this debacle, whether due to ineptitude, intent, or whatever the reason may be. Yes, they made a promise that pretty clearly was sometimes not capable of being even close to fulfilled. To say the least, that is problematic.

But how does that give the fraudsters a pass? If you trim a card and submit it for a grade because you are pretty sure that your fraud is so advanced that the TPGers can't detect it, how and why is that OK? You still knowingly committed fraud. Period. The fact that the TPGers can't detect your fraud doesn't mean that you didn't commit it. Caveat emptor doesn't work so well anymore, nor should it when a huge percentage of cards are being sold over the internet based on scans. You can be an apologist for PSAA until you are blue in the face, but the evidence seems to be mounting (to say the least) that it knew what was going on, was complicit, and did its best to profit from it. In what universe is that OK?
Good point...there's plenty of guilt to go around!