View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 06:38 AM
Steve Liskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
If you have not had the chance to watch it, everyone should try to catch the NFL Films tribute to Steve. It is very well done and has an extensive piece on his hilarious self promotion while playing at Colorado College.

He wrote wire services and news outlets constantly promoting himself at first at the "Fearless Tot from Possum Trot" a fictional town in Mississippi. He later referred to himself as "Sudden Death" Sabol. They actually had some of his old teammates on the program and they said they loved it.

He actually made All-Rocky Mountain Conference for the Tigers.
I saw that tribute when it was first aired by NFL Network...great piece. Less than a year before his death, Steve bought something from me off eBay. The handle he went by was "Sudden Death". He purchased a couple photos I digitally colorized. I knew he dabbled in art in the form of sports collages, so I assumed they were for that. I was thrilled he thought my stuff was good enough for him to purchase. I knew he had been sick at the time, so I didn't bother reaching out to him. I sort of regret that now.