View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Default George Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
For those of you with player collections:
1) What did you use as your checklist?
2) How do you organize?

A year or so ago I started a Rickey Henderson master set and have picked up MANY duplicates. I found it easier to put a single copy of each card into a box, in order. The duplicates I also have ordered but in many other boxes.

Rob
I collect George Brett cards (from his playing years only) and, like the others mentioned, started my checklist with Beckett's on-line tool. But you can't stop there. I've added hundreds of cards to the checklist over the years by gathering info from message boards, other player collectors and just running across items at shows or on eBay. If you're collecting someone like Henderson (or Brett for me) and you come across any set from his playing days he's usually in it. Sharing checklists with collectors of other contemporary players can give you a good benchmark for sets you might find your cards in.

For storage, I go with the large semi-rigid holders in a graded valut box. You can get about 400 of those in a box and they're easy to store. Plus the large semi-rigids allow you to store larger format cards and odd size items. All the cards are in the box in the order they are on my checklist so I can find them. Then I have a binder for the truly oversized items.