View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 06:18 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

[QUOTE=vtgmsc;1359830]Kevin,

Being on Ebay for almost 20 years and handling over 5000 transactions, I respectfully disagree with you. As Richard Simon (his credentials are just like mine X 15!) also agreed with me, this ball does not matter if it is has JSA, PSA/DNA, or a bright red X-Mas bow on it. It is a neat item if you want to spend a couple of hundred and have some cool names but it is NOT an investment piece or something that will go up significantly with a COA. This ball is just what the companies want you to send in as they snicker while charging you $XXX to authenticate an item where the authentication fee is double or even to the items value.

It makes no sense.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, I agree with you, if you had $250 disposable and wanted some cool names on a ball then go for it........but don't fool yourself into thinking it will shoot up in value with a COA.

peace, mike

PS To answer Pickles question.....the fading/bleeding is because of the type of baseball that was used. The only way to try and stop that is to keep it away from sunlight but because of the ball used, I'm afraid at some point those faded/bleeding autos will be tough to decipher.[/QUOTE

I agree with you about the buying and TPA price gouging on an item like this.
When I buy I always look at value paid versus what it is worth , and what is the investment potential. Not being a dealer only a collector I view it one side only, not from both sides as a dealer would. Plus I agree with you about Richard Simon.

Last edited by Klrdds; 12-28-2014 at 06:19 PM.