View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Brianruns10;1204235]Have you tried giving him some vintage cards? Honestly, I think the modern stuff is sh*t. But when I show my vintage cards to people who know nothing about the hobby, they're always blown away by the colors and the design.

These items we treasure need not be discarded. Their meanings only change. The world isn't falling to bits, and in fact there is greater appreciation for the old now than there ever has been. I've got friends who collect vinyl albums, others who collect old books or by vintage clothing. It's all the rage.

And let me remind you, that for supposedly being a careless generation, we weren't the ones who had all our cards tossed out. The reason cards are prized today is because few thought or cared to save them way back when. They were just treated as a passing fancy, and tossed out. So the ignorance is not one-sided merely.[/QUOTE

Oh, he likes looking at T Cards, and Stan Musial or Wilt Chamberlain cards, but they are 50 to 100 years in the past. He knows they are valuable, but he also knows the cards hanging unsold on pegs at K Mart or Wal Mart aren't.

And since he gets his info from E sources, and "aps" he looks at my ball card collection the way I look at my dad's antique radio collection - Cool and probably worth a bunch of money but who listens to AM radio on lousy speakers?