View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Scott R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Scott,
It's also possible that the card store may be somewhat innocent in this. I'm not relieving them of responsibility, just saying they may not be intentionally selling fake autos. They either may not have that much experience with autos or think that they know more than they do and think that they are real. If this is so, obviously, they should not be selling autos. Hopefully, he hasn't bought that much other signed stuff from them.

While I am no fan of the TPAs, I know many stores/dealers might only accept an item back if one if the big TPAs gives a negative opinion. As a lower cost alternative and if he needs it, you could put the item on ebay with really high price and get a PSA/DNA quick opinion. When it comes back as "Likely Not Genuine," he can use that as an "expert "opinion to try and get his money back.

The envelopes are very nice and it should look great framed with a nice quality print of that photo instead.

Good Luck.
Mark
Normally I would say it is "possible" that the shop owner didn't know it was a forgery, but seems highly unlikely in this case.

About six months ago, my father in law gave me another gift that he obtained
from this same card shop. The gift was a framed poster, supposedly signed by Drysdale and Pee Wee Reese (1984 "Salute to Hall of Famers"). The poster was a stadium give away back in '84, with the autos pre-printed on the poster.

Again, grateful for the piece, so never brought up any doubts to my father in law, even after he told me that the autos were real. He said that the shop owner was going to mail him the COA.

So at Xmas, he gave me an envelope with all of the COA's (8x10, FDC's, etc)...included in the envelope was a COA for the Drysdale/Reese poster. On the COA it states "this certificate unconditionally guarantees the authenticity as hand signed by Drysdale / Reese". Here's a photo... And as you can see, the exact poster (and I mean EXACT) can be picked up on the bay for an Andy Jackson ($20). Sorry for the glare in the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drysdale.jpg (70.1 KB, 94 views)