View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
If you dabble in it long enough, you'll get a feel for which ribbons/charms are appropriate to which Pins. To me, it doesn't matter whether they were applied by the Vendor or by the Manufacturer, as long as both components are vintage and "of the era". Since this is how they were sold at the Stadiums, that's the way I prefer them.

I dislike the recent creations, such as all the mini pennant versions and the bright new ribbons with incorrect fabric. The amount of wear on the pin should match the wear on the ribbons and charms.
This. I'm not saying that pins weren't sold at the events with dangly stuff, just that when I first started looking at pins I rarely saw them with dangly stuff intact. If concessionaires added them it would make sense that the wear a piece of cloth could take over time might cause the owner to remove it and toss it. Those super clean, sharp ribbons and pennants, nope, sorry, not gonna buy that as vintage.

Sometimes the dangly stuff is better than the pin. I had a routine Archie Moore pin (which is a $10-$20 pin) but it had an awesome pair of vintage leather mini-gloves attached that were probably rarer and more valuable than the pin.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-28-2016 at 04:47 PM.