View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
No, it is my opinion from playing the game most of my life. No one is going to walk every at bat, but I do know that you rarely score a run by walking. It is a poor team concept when your best player is trying to walk instead of driving in runs.

We are never going to agree on this, but to me zero rings is evidence that this walk first approach wins at fantasy baseball, but doesn't produce real championships. It's not like Williams didn't play on some good teams. You can give him a pass, I won't.
Ted did not try to walk first. He took walks when he did not get a good pitch to hit. It's absurd to say someone with his hitting stats, arguably the best of all time, was trying to walk first. What's the basis for your assumption that on balls outside the strike zone it would have been better for his team for him to swing anyway?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-08-2017 at 03:08 PM.