View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 12:32 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I've joked "You learn all about humanity from reading Shakespeare and watching The Red Green Show." Red Green fills in the parts missed by Shakespeare, including the psychotic forrest ranger, the pathological liar ferry boat captain and the monster truck aficionado. And where else but Red Green could you learn how to convert your lawn mower into a coffee maker or your old clothes washer into a ice cream maker. For the record, the clothes washer ice cream maker invention worked except Red Green learned afterwords he had forgotten to take out the dirty socks. His old toaster to computer disc drive invention worked, except when you turned off the computer the disc drive would shoot the disc across the room. Most of his inventions work, but not as intended and, of course, involve a plethora of duct tape. Or as he calls duct tape, "The universal adapter." According to Red "You can do anything if you have enough duct tape." In fact, they had an episode when he suffered severe withdrawals when the lodge and local stores ran out of duct tape. "I'm sorry I lost my temper with you there, but I've been eight hours without duct tape."

If you're from LA or NYC you might not get the show. The key is if you're from rural Iowa, Minnesota or Alberta you have known people exactly like the show's characters. The show even had a guy living in an underground bunker in the woods waiting for the chaos of 2000. He wouldn't leave it and was self sustaining, but wouldn't mind if brought him some groceries once in a while because he would get tired of eating mushrooms and drinking rain water.

Last edited by drcy; 11-09-2014 at 01:54 PM.