View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM
John

Mike, good points - of course anything is possible - but I would guess this is speculation too.

A couple of things also unrelated to where Namath ranks all-time among QBs, that haven't been mentioned yet - I never got the sense this set is super popular - I'm just going from posts here, magazine articles, etc. - I admittitly don't go to shows, so I don't get to talk much with collectors. I bring it up because when a set is really popular, a few more collectors than usual are bound to be going for it in high grade - so a high grade low pop card could definitely escalate. The other thing that goes hand-in-hand with a high grade low pop PSA card is the registry - again just based on my own observation which is limited to football cards, I don't think the registry is that popular anymore. Sometimes when I see high grade high number 35 Chicles sell, I make it a point to check the registry for a few weeks (I have it bookmarked - I admit it) and the cards don't show up. Its also noticable with the HOF rookie set - there was a time there was a lot of updates and discussion (CU discussion) on that set - I don't see it as much now - seems to get mentioned when someone is selling it off mostly.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 04-27-2016 at 12:48 PM.